City tours in Berlin
k3 stadtführungen Berlin offers you a unique range of informative and entertaining tours to the world-famous sights of the capital as well as to real insider highlights.
Berlin is not only the Rome of contemporary history as well as the old and new capital, but also a creative centre, world city of fashion and cultural metropolis. The city on the River Spree can look back on an eventful history in which it has often been the scene of world-shaking events. Explore the places where history was written on numerous Berlin tours with an expert city guide!
Discover the city of contrasts, magnificent buildings and hidden courtyards, the charm of the Wilhelminian era and socialist visions of the capital on our varied city tours. Book a private sightseeing tour and let your guide show you the most important sights on foot or by bike. Book your tours as individuals or groups and explore varied and exciting neighbourhoods off the beaten track in the centre of Berlin.
Berlin city tour
Berlin newcomers and long-time residents alike will get an initial overview of the centre of Berlin and the most important historical events on our Berlin city tour. Discover fascinating and world-famous sights in Berlin on this walking tour.
Highlights of the Berlin city tour
- Discover the eventful history and culture in the centre of Berlin with your city guide
- The Berlin city tour takes you to the most famous sights such as the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, Berlin Cathedral and the Berlin Palace, which is currently being rebuilt
- Exciting insights such as the interplay of impressive Prussian splendour at Gendarmenmarkt and Unter den Linden and evidence of socialist architecture and urban planning, such as the television tower, popularly known as “Ulbricht’s cathedral”
Berlin Wall Tour
Anyone travelling in Berlin today will experience a cheerful, cosmopolitan and vibrant capital and can quickly forget that the Cold War manifested itself here more clearly than anywhere else and that one of the most heavily guarded borders in the world ran through the middle of the city until 1989. Join us on the Berlin Wall Tour and find out more about the history of the Berlin Wall.
Highlights of the Berlin Wall Tour
- Guides, some of whom can tell you about the time of division and the Berlin Wall from their own experience on this tour
- Exciting insights into life in the frontline city of the Cold War
- City tour on foot along the former route of the Berlin Wall on Bernauer Strasse
- History up close with stories about the construction of the Wall, divisions, spectacular escapes and people who came together again
Kreuzberg Tour Berlin
SO36, once a simple postcode, is now a cult term for the multicultural neighbourhood in Berlin Kreuzberg that emerged in the shadow of the Berlin Wall and through which our Kreuzberg Tour Berlin takes you. Kreuzberg polarises, where old-68s and the left-wing, alternative scene mix with third-generation Turkish immigrant families. This is where hip hop meets punk, corner pubs meet upmarket restaurants and unrenovated old buildings meet posh loft floors.
Highlights of the Kreuzberg Tour Berlin
- Explore the capital on foot on this city tour off the beaten track
- Discover history, sights and hidden paths in the trendy Kreuzberg neighbourhood
- Experience the alternative lifestyle and creativity of the people in the neighbourhood up close
- An eventful history: from the working-class neighbourhood to the construction of the Berlin Wall and the period of division to the years of the economic miracle
“Berlin Old Centre” city tour
There are numerous relics from the glory days of the Prussians to discover on the city tour “Berlin’s Old Centre”, on which you will visit perhaps the most beautiful square in the capital, the Gendarmenmarkt, the picturesque Hackesche Höfe and the Museum Island.
Highlights of the “Berlin’s Old Centre” city tour
- Sights such as the Gendarmenmarkt, also known as “Berlin’s most beautiful square”, as well as the Hackesche Höfe and the Spree Island with a wide range of interesting museums
- The city tour focuses on the history of old Berlin Mitte on the boulevard “Unter den Linden”
- Knowledgeable and entertaining guides who also know routes off the beaten track and numerous tips for the metropolis of Berlin
Culinary city tour Berlin
Explore the Spandauer Vorstadt, one of the oldest districts of Berlin-Mitte, on this tour and indulge in the specialities of our culinary partners. Find out more about the eventful and varied history of this lively neighbourhood on the Berlin culinary city tour and be inspired by original Berlin specialities as well as unusual tasters of modern and international cuisine.
Highlights of the culinary city tour Berlin
- Discovery tour through one of Berlin’s trendiest neighbourhoods with a variety of culinary delicacies
- Exciting stories and entertaining anecdotes about Berlin cuisine and its various influences
- Historical insights into the development of a neighbourhood and its inhabitants with an eventful history and the coexistence of different religions and cultures
Schinkel Architecture Tour Berlin
Architecture fans who want to delve deeper into the glamorous past of the former Athens on the Spree should follow in the footsteps of the most active architect of classicism on the Schinkel Architecture Tour Berlin. Don’t miss out on his world-famous classicist buildings, such as the Neue Wache and the Altes Museum!
Highlights of the Schinkel Architecture Tour Berlin
- City tour in the footsteps of the urban planner, monument conservationist, painter and architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel
- History, life and work of Schinkel with a look at a selection of buildings created by him
- Tour through Berlin Mitte, where his work is particularly evident
“Berlin Mitte” city tour
On the “Berlin Mitte” city tour, your guide will show you the breathtaking modern architecture around Berlin Central Station and Potsdamer Platz, which has only been built in recent decades on the former death strip along the Berlin Wall.
Highlights of the “Berlin Mitte” city tour
- Learn more about the history and culture of Berlin on this city tour
- Receive a personalised tour from a professional guide
- The best selection of the sights of Berlin Mitte
- Interesting stories, anecdotes and tips about Berlin
Berlin government district tour
The government district around the Reichstag building, which has been the seat of the Bundestag since 1999, is also located in Berlin’s former no man’s land. On our Berlin government district tour, your tour guide will accompany you along the “Ribbon of the Federation”, the ensemble of the newly built Chancellery, Paul Löbe House and Marie-Elisabeth Lüders House, which crosses the Spree and thus the former border between East and West Berlin, symbolising reunification architecturally.
Highlights of the Berlin government district tour
- Find out more about the history of the government district in Berlin
- Numerous sights such as the “Parliament of Trees” in memory of the German-German division
- See how reunification has changed the cityscape in the government district
- Enjoy the view of Berlin from the River Spree
- Entertaining and interesting tour with a professional city guide from Berlin
Round trip berlin
For all those who want to get to know the metropolis of Berlin from a different perspective and don’t want to walk, we recommend the round trip Berlin. On these city tours through Berlin, you can marvel at the most popular sights from the comfort of the bus.
Highlights of the Berlin city tour
- Sights such as the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz, Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, Prenzlauer Berg and many more
- With your own coach or coach hire on request
- Individual organisation of the Berlin city tour with many options for places and desired topics
- Bus tours can also include stops to experience sights and buildings up close
How much does a city tour in Berlin cost?
Private city tours by k3 stadtführungen Berlin can be booked from €119.00 for groups of up to 10 people, depending on the tour. You can find more information about the individual city tours, city walks and tours on the respective website. If you have any questions about the price, payment, duration of the tour or booking, you can also contact the k3 stadtführungen office team by phone or e-mail. You can find more information here: https://k3.de/en/berlin/guided-tours/contact
How do I become a city guide in Berlin?
k3 stadtführungen Berlin is always on the lookout for new guides to show visitors the best the capital has to offer. If you are passionate about Berlin and have a knack for history and stories, then this could be the perfect job for you. To apply, simply send an e-mail with all the required documents to stadtfuehrer [at] k3 [dot] de. One requirement is also to prepare a one-hour, classic city tour of Berlin, showing the famous sights and giving an impression of the city. What are you waiting for? Apply today and become a part of k3 stadtführungen Berlin!
When are the next dates for city tours through Berlin?
Simply book your tour with k3 stadtführungen Berlin online on the desired date on the respective city tour website.
Guided tours are a great way of getting to know a new city in a short space of time and discovering it off the beaten track. k3 stadtführungen Berlin makes it easy to do just that. The city on the Spree really does have something for everyone – see for yourself with our varied city tours, city walks and tours through Berlin!
When will we see you in Germany’s capital? We look forward to your visit for a city tour in Berlin!
Your k3 stadtführungen Berlin team